Current Student Scholarships
Kent State Stark offers a host of scholarships to its currently enrolled students. These scholarships are funded through generous gifts and donations by family foundations and the Kent State Stark campus community. A scholarship committee consisting of Kent State Stark faculty, administration, staff and students selects the scholarship recipients.
The 2024-25 ScholarshipUniverse application portal is open Oct. 1, 2023 - March 1, 2024.
PREPARE FOR 2024-25 SCHOLARSHIPS
- Complete or renew your 2024-25 FAFSA. The FAFSA will open in December 2023.
- Attend a Stark Scholarship Boot Camp. These boot camps are designed to help you make a targeted plan and gives you advice on how to make your application and essay stand out! In-person and virtual options are available.
- If needed, schedule an appointment for one-to-one help with the scholarship process. Appointments will be available beginning in October. Select "Scholarship Assistance for Stark Students" when scheduling your appointment.
APPLICATION PORTAL OPEN OCT. 1 THROUGH MARCH 1
Kent State's ScholarshipUniverse is a search portal that helps match students to scholarships and how you'll apply for Stark Current Student scholarships.
To get started, you’ll need to complete a Student Profile. The questions you’ll be asked to answer will help match you to scholarships. While you don’t have to answer all of these questions – the more you answer, the better your search results will be. In addition, ScholarshipUniverse is able to match students to external scholarship opportunities.
2024-25 STARK CURRENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
1. UNDERSTAND YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- Scholarships are available to currently enrolled Stark students who are registered for Stark courses for the 2024-25 academic year.
- Scholarships are for the fall 2024 and spring 2025 semesters, provided that the student meets enrollment requirements each semester. Scholarships are not available for summer terms.
- Awarded amounts will be divided between the fall and spring semesters, unless otherwise noted.
- Scholarship availability, criteria and award amounts are subject to change.
2. VIEW AVAILABLE STARK SCHOLARSHIPS
3. WRITE YOUR ESSAYS BEFORE APPLYING
- Each scholarship requires an essay. Essay questions are identified in the list above. Responses should be 300-500 words.
- Have your essays written before you apply in ScholarshipUniverse.
- If you reference an organization or discuss your involvement with a Kent State or community service activity, at the end of your essay, provide the name and phone number of the person who can verify your involvement.
4. APPLY IN SCHOLARSHIP UNIVERSE BETWEEN OCT. 1 AND MARCH 1
- Complete your Student Profile in ScholarshipUniverse.
- Your Student Profile will match you with eligible scholarships and you can search Kent State Stark and Kent State University for available scholarships. Follow the prompts to apply.
- If scholarships require letters of recommendation, you'll need to provide the email address of the person you'd like to request to submit a letter for you at the time of application. Make sure you allow at least two weeks prior to the scholarship deadline to make these requests.
- Follow all instructions carefully and apply by the March 1, 2024 deadline.