Current Student Scholarships
2022-2023 CURRENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Kent State Stark offers a host of scholarships to its currently enrolled students. These scholarships are funded through generous gifts and donations by family foundations and the Kent State Stark campus community. A scholarship committee consisting of Kent State Stark faculty, administration, staff and students selects the scholarship recipients.
The 2022-2023 scholarship application has closed.
PREPARE FOR THE 2023-2024 APPLICATION
- Complete your FAFSA early! The 2023-2024 FAFSA opens on Oct. 1, 2022.
- Attend a Fall Scholarship Workshop. Check back here in October for dates and registration. These workshops are designed to help you make a targeted plan and gives you advice on how to make your application and essay stand out! We will have both in-person and virtual options.
- Schedule a Scholarship Advising Appointment - available starting Oct. 17.
- Scholarships for New First-Year Students
The below application can be used to apply for the following scholarships that are also available to new first-year students:
- Kent State Stark Alumni Scholarship
- The Margaret Kilchenmann Memorial Scholarship
- Charity Rotch Scholarship
- Charles and Judy Scheurer Endowed Scholarship
- View all first-year scholarship opportunities
- College Credit Plus Students
Former College Credit Plus students are considered "first-year students" and are only eligible to apply for the first-year scholarships.
- International Students
If selected to receive a scholarship, international students will need to complete additional documentation for tax purposes.
2022-2023 CURRENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Before applying for Stark scholarships online, be sure you follow these steps carefully.
STEP 1: UNDERSTAND ELIGIBILITY
- Scholarships are available to currently enrolled Kent State Stark students who are registered for Stark Campus courses for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Scholarships are for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters at Kent State Stark only, provided that the student meets enrollment requirements each semester.
- Awarded amounts will be divided between the fall and spring semesters, unless otherwise noted. Scholarships are not available for summer terms.
- Your currently enrolled hours will count toward the scholarship credit hour minimum.
- You will be considered for a scholarship if you are a current Kent State Stark student and your complete application materials have been received by the deadline.
- Scholarship availability, criteria and award amounts are subject to change.
All scholarship application materials are due by March 1, 2022. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
STEP 2: VIEW AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarship list includes:
- Available scholarships
- Eligibility criteria
- Essay questions
- Additional requirements
STEP 3: ESSAYS
- Each scholarship requires an essay. Essay questions are listed in the grid above.
- Essay responses should be 300-500 words, typed and double-spaced.
- IMPORTANT: Write your essays BEFORE applying online. During the application process, you will upload your essays before submitting your application. Do not submit multiple applications.
- If you reference an organization or discuss your involvement with a Kent State or community service activity, at the end of your essay, provide the name and phone number of the person who can verify your involvement.
- ESSAYS MUST BE SAVED IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
1. Save your essay document using this naming convention: FirstNameLastNAME-SCHOLARSHIP
2. Acceptable formats: doc, docx, rtf, pdf
3. You must save Mac Pages as a Word document before uploading
4. Unnamed essays will not be considered. Make sure your name is included on your essay document.
Your name is Olivia Tucker.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Kent State Stark ALUMNI Scholarship.
You should name your essay: OliviaTUCKER-ALUMNI
Your name is Mark Davidson.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Charity ROTCH Scholarship.
You should name your essay: MarkDAVIDSON-ROTCH
Notice that most scholarships have the name of the donor in the title. Use the donor's last name to identify your scholarship. We have capitalized the name for you.
In the case of the Kent State Stark scholarships, use the identifying name differentiating the scholarship: ADMINISTRATORS, ALUMNI, EVENING, MULTICULTURAL, NONTRADITIONAL, STUDENT, STUDENT SERVICES and THEATRE.
Stark Campus Association of Retired Professors (SCARP) should be named SCARP.
There are two Rollin and Dori Reiter endowed scholarships. The scholarship for computer science should be named COMPUTER SCIENCE.
STEP 4: KNOW YOUR KENT STATE ID NUMBER
You will be asked for your Kent State ID Number on the application. Your Kent State ID Number is a 9-digit number that begins with 8. You can find it in FlashLine. Have it ready before you apply online.
STEP 5: APPLY ONLINE - DEADLINE MARCH 1
You need to submit only ONE application, even if you are applying for more than one scholarship. DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS. All recommendation letters must be emailed to Andrea Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1.
The scholarship application for 2022-2023 has closed.