Choose Ohio First Computer Science
CHOOSE OHIO FIRST COMPUTER SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships are available up to $5,500 per year (based on full-time credit hours) for students majoring in computer science at Kent State University.
Regional Campus students are eligible to apply.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR REGIONAL CAMPUS APPLICANTS
- Highly motivated to pursue a Computer Science career
- Open to incoming freshmen joining Kent State in Fall 2020 who intend to pursue Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- Open to non-freshman transfer students from other schools, or current Kent State students from other programs who wish to pursue a dual major in Computer Science or change their major to Computer Science
- Ohio resident
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA
Note: Scholarship applicants attending the Kent Campus must have a minimum 25 ACT or equivalent SAT score to be eligible. Regional Campus applicants do not need to meet the 25 ACT/SAT criteria, their applications will be reviewed by merit.
Students receiving a Choose Ohio First Computer Science Scholarship are required to remain in good academic standing within their CS major with a GPA of at least 3.0 progressing toward completing their degree in four years. Students must participate in the Choose Ohio First Computer Science Scholarship program's social and mentoring activities, including working on a project, internship and presenting at a poster session.
- The deadline for submitting applications is ongoing.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2020 Choose Ohio First Computer Science Scholarships.
Inquiries about the Choose Ohio First Computer Science Scholarship can be directed to:
Dr. Angela Guercio
Associate Professor, Computer Science
422 Main Hall
Kent State University at Stark