- Named for G. Harry Wright, chairman of the theater division of the School of Speech, 1935 - 1964.
- Dedicated in 1968.
- Houses approximately 500 first-year to upper-class students. Co-ed and has nine floors.
- Air-conditioning. Attached dining area and computer cluster.
- Houses the College of Arts and Sciences Living-Learning Community.
- Houses the Ida B. Wells/Atonkwa Village Living-Learning Community.
Hall Mailing Address:
Wright Hall- KSU
1525 Leebrick Drive
Kent, OH 44243
1475 Leebrick Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Wright Hall is comprised of double rooms. Microfridge units are provided in the students rooms. The loftable furniture present in the rooms provides semi-loftable capabilities. Meaning, one of the beds can be lofted on top of the desk units or the beds can be bunked. To learn more about the loftable furniture and configuration options, please visit our Loft Instructions page. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10AM - Midnight
- Weekend: 10AM Friday - 12AM Monday
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed at any time
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to Wright Hall:
Wright Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), an Assistant Residence Hall Director, and twelve Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Wright Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as with the whole campus.
- Double: $3,438
- Double with Private Bath: $3,844