- Named for Arden L. Allyn, Dean Emeritus of the College of Business Administration, 1934-1944.
- Dedicated in 1963.
- Building-wide wireless access coverage.
- Houses approximately 245 first year students.
- Co-ed and has four floors.
Hall Mailing Address:
Allyn Hall - KSU
575 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
550 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Allyn Hall is comprised mostly of double rooms. All rooms in Allyn Hall are carpeted and have air conditioning. All beds use twin-extra long sheets. Microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page by clicking here.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Non-resident guests are permitted in the hall during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10AM - Midnight
- Weekend: 10AM Friday to 12AM Monday
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times
- No alcohol is allowed in Allyn Hall at any time.
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to Allyn Hall:
Allyn and Clark halls together are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), an Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD) and fourteen Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Allyn and Clark Hall Council operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.