- Named for James Orzo Engleman, Kent State President, 1928-1937.
- Dedicated in 1938 as the third residence hall built on campus.
- Remodeled in 1999.
- Residence Services first "apartment style" hall for residents with 30 credits or more.
- A four-story brick structure with an elevator and co-ed wings.
- Engleman Hall was originally a women's dormitory. Additional information about the history of Engleman Hall can be found here: https:www.record-courier.com/article/2014016/OPINION/301269733
Hall Mailing Address:
Room Number, Hall
1375 Eastway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
175 Terrace Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Engleman Hall is comprised of apartments with either one bedroom, deluxe double bedroom, or four bedroom and studio apartments. All apartments are fully furnished. All furniture is moveable (i.e., not built in/attached to the walls). The living room has a sofa, chair and coffee table. Table and chairs are provided in the kitchen. Each bedroom is furnished with a bed, drawers, wardrobe, desk with lighted hutch and a desk chair. The kitchen is equipped with a stove and oven combination, a standard-size refrigerator, cabinets for storage and counter space. The bathroom includes a sink, toilet, and shower or shower and bathtub combination. Shower curtains are provided and are university-owned property. Some units are equipped with a microwave. Flooring is either carpeting or laminate, depending on the unit.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
To find information regarding hall policies such as visitation or quiet hours, please visit https://www.kent.edu/housing/hallways-handbook.
Dining Close to Engleman Hall:
Engleman residents have the option of utilizing the many campus dining locations, in addition to the kitchens located in their apartments.
Engleman Hall is overseen by a Residence Hall director or area coordinator and two senior community assistants. The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern. The senior community assistants, under the direction of the Residence Hall director or area coordinator strive to create a positive living experience for an apartment-style community through intentional community programming and work-life opportunities and experiences for preparedness after graduation.
- Residents of Engleman Hall remove their own trash from the building. For further information, please call 330-672-7020.
- Engleman Hall rent is due with tuition at the beginning of each semester, to the Bursar's office.
- All prices are inclusive of computer network hookup and all utilities.
- There is a laundry room on the second floor of the building and also includes a mini workout space.
- Community members who wish to connect a gaming system, Apple TV, ROKU or other entertainment devices can do so utilizing this link: https://www.kent.edu/it/register-your-device.