- Named for Judith E. Koonce and is the only hall named after a Kent State student. The building was dedicated in 1968.
- Houses approximately 510 first-year to upper-class students. Co-ed and has 10 floors.
- Air-conditioning. Attached dining area and computer cluster.
- Tri-Rec exercise facility located in the Tri-Towers Rotunda.
- Houses the Aeronautics and Engineering Living-Learning Community
Hall Mailing Address:
Kent State On-Campus Mail Center
1375 Eastway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
325 Cunningham Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Koonce Hall is comprised of double rooms. Fridge, Freezer, Microwave Units are provided in the students rooms. The loftable furniture present in the rooms provides semi-loftable capabilities. Meaning, one of the beds can be lofted on top of the desk units or the beds can be bunked. To learn more about the loftable furniture and configuration options, please visit our Loft Instructions page. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
To find information regarding hall policies such as visitation or quiet hours, please visit https://www.kent.edu/housing/hallways-handbook.
Dining Close to Koonce Hall:
Koonce Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), a Graduate Assistant (GA), and twelve Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Koonce Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as with the whole campus.