Students under the age of 18 at the time of applying for housing will be prevented from completing a housing application until they receive approval from a parent or guardian. After approval is provided, and as long as the application is open, students will be able to complete the housing application on the next business day.
KSUview provides a way for a student to identify a person as a designee and grant permission for a designee to view selected student information. This allows students to safeguard their own FlashLine username and password and meet requests from family members for access. Using this system, students can identify a parent or guardian who can then provide approval for their student to complete the Kent State housing application.
Students who have previously signed in to KSUview should sign in and confirm their parent or guardian has authorization for the Parental Approval for Minors section. Parents with access to KSUview can sign into KSUview and confirm they are able to provide permission for their minor to begin the housing application.
- Login to FlashLine (https://login.kent.edu/)
- Click on Student, then Resources, then Requests and Authorizations, and then select KSUview. Alternatively, users can search for KSUview using the search bar.
- Click on “Add Designee.”
- Provide your parent or guardian’s first name, last name, and email address.
- An email will be sent to the email address you specify for your designee with login information to KSUview.
- Click on “Expand” next to your designee.
- Complete the profile information for your designee. Users must designate either a Mother, Father, Step-Mother, Step-Father, or Legal Guardian to provide Parental Approval for minors.
- Select the Authorization tab.
- Select the information you would like your designee to view. Be sure to select “Parental Approval for Minors” below “Housing Application Permission.” This must be checked so that your designee can grant you permission to complete the online housing application.
- Click on "Send email to designee" located in the top right corner.
- Check the email your student specified for an email with the subject line “New KSUview account – action required.” Emails with the subject line “KSUview access authorizations”, inform you that your student has given authorization for you to have access to specific pages in KSUview.
- Click the link provided and enter your temporary password provided in the email.
- Enter your email address and create a new PIN. Use the temporary password from the Step 2 as your “Old Pin”. Your new PIN can only be a series of numbers.
- You will then be taken to the profile page. Provide the required information and click “Save.”
- Select the student name. There may be more than one name listed if you are a designee for more than one student.
- Under Housing Application Permission, select “Parental Approval for Minors.”
- Read over the information, select the appropriate term, and click "Submit" if you agree.
- The above steps must be completed in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer version 9 or newer.
For more information and for additional videos on how to use KSUview, please visit the KSUview informational website.