- Named for John A. McDowell, Secretary of the first Board of Trustees, 1911.
- Dedicated in 1966.
- Houses approximately 245 sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students. Co-ed and has eight floors.
- Air-conditioning and attached computer cluster with new computers!
Hall Mailing Address:
McDowell Hall - KSU
575 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
1500 Petrarca Drive
Kent, OH 44243
The rooms in Twin Towers are suites, with each suite consisting of two sleeping rooms, a living area and a bathroom shared with another suite. The bedrooms are 8' x 9' and the study area is 8' 9' x 14' 5'. There are also a very limited number of two-person suites with two rooms connected by a shared bathroom. McDowell Hall is carpeted and airconditioned. Microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options. To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page by clicking here. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among nonresident guests within a limited length of stay.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times
- Students 21 years of age or older are permitted to have alcohol in McDowell Hall.
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to McDowell Hall:
Beall Hall, McDowell Hall and Van Campen Hall are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and sixteen Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Twin Towers Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as with the whole campus
- Two Bedroom Suite with Shared Bath: $4,608
- Double with Private Bath: $3,844
- Single with Shared Bath: $4,302
- Single with Private Bath: $4,506