- Named for Blanche A. Verder, Dean of Women, 1922-1942.
- Dedicated in 1957.
- Houses approximately 245 students from first year to upper-class. Co-ed.
- Verder Hall is not air conditioned.
- Artists-in-residence work in the studio looking after the equipment and helping residents academically.
- Houses the Fine Arts Community
Hall Mailing Address:
Verder Hall - KSU
New Front/Centennial Desk
225 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
150 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Verder Hall is comprised mostly of double rooms. All beds use twin-extra long sheets. Microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Verder Hall at any time.
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to Verder Hall:
Engleman and Verder Halls together are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), eight Resident Assistants (RAs), and Art Studio Mentors (for Verder's lab). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment, and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Verder Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.