Can students decide to leave the program early? If so, what happens?
- Students may decide to leave the program early. All Kent State Florence courses have been retooled to be taught online, and students will be able to complete their semester in the online environment. For students who return to the U.S., they may still complete their courses online, or they may be placed in courses available at their home campus.
- If students decide to leave the program early, they must notify the Kent State Florence Student Life Coordinators and the Office of Global Education. The Kent State Florence Student Life Coordinators and the Office of Global Education will provide information regarding the necessary steps for checking out of their apartments, continuing coursework, financial considerations and any other necessary arrangements.
- If the student booked travel on the group flight option: It will cost a $350 change fee plus the difference in cost of the return flight for the student to change their return flight. Students should contact Ted Roy at Roy’s Stow Travel to make arrangements. Contact information for Roy’s Stow Travel can be found here: http://roysstowtravel.com/.
- If the student booked travel independently, the student should contact the airline or their travel agent to determine return flight options and change fees.
- Students will need to follow any medical screenings mandated at all points of exit and entry as they travel and should be prepared for travel delays and potential quarantines.