At Kent State University, students may access a wide range of academic undergraduate and graduate programs on eight Kent State campuses located throughout Northeast Ohio.
These undergraduate and graduate schools and programs allow students to choose from more than 300 degrees. Kent State's large selection of academic programs is just one reason we are considered among the top universities and colleges in Ohio when it comes to learning and development. We can help you pursue success in a wide variety of fields – what are you waiting for? Discover how Kent State University schools and programs can help you pursue success today!
Our Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship is ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's "Best Undergraduate Business Programs." What’s your area of focus?
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance
- Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship
From aeronautics to technology to engineering, the College of Aeronautics and Engineering is a top tech school. We offer the largest flight-training program in Ohio. It's recognized by major airlines and the U.S. military as one of the top flight schools and best university aviation programs in the country.
The College of Applied and Technical Studies (CATS) supports the development of personal, professional, and technical expertise by providing a comprehensive portfolio of certificate and degree programs that empower graduates for occupational and professional success. The college offers more than 35 undergraduate programs and nearly 20 certificates.
The College of Architecture and Environmental Design is a leader in innovative dual degrees, including the following: Master of Landscape Architecture; and Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Design.
A nationally ranked and internationally recognized educational leader in the visual, performing and design arts. Explore how each school is dedicated to transforming lives through the arts.
- School of Art
- School of Fashion Design and Merchandising
- School of Music
- School of Theatre and Dance
Our College of Arts and Sciences focuses on the ethics and creativity of each featured field. For example, the Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability, led by an interdepartmental group of 26 faculty researchers, educates students and develops programs to study Northeast Ohio's natural environment and restore and preserve its integrity. Explore our comprehensive degrees:
- Department of Africana Studies
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychological Sciences
- Department of Sociology and Criminology
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Multidisciplinary Social Sciences & Humanities
- School of Peace & Conflict Studies
- Materials Science Program (graduate program only)
From our top journalism degree to Ohio's only accredited Master of Library and Information Science program, which is ranked among the top 20 graduate schools in the field by U.S. News and World Report, our Communication and Information degree programs provide the training you need:
- School of Communication Studies
- School of Emerging Media and Technology
- School of Information
- School of Media and Journalism
- School of Visual Communication Design
A highlight of this college is its semester-long and short-term studies in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe and South America. Explore your health, education, or human services program of interest:
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Foundations, Leadership & Administration
- School of Lifespan Development & Educational Sciences
- School of Teaching, Learning & Curriculum Studies
The College of Nursing is one of the largest and most comprehensive nursing programs in the nation, with more than 12,000 alumni worldwide. Designated as a National League for Nursing (NLN) Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in 2013, we partner with over 700 hospitals, clinics and extended-care facilities to give our students valuable clinical experience and prepare them as future nurse leaders.
Our podiatric college is one of the largest and most respected podiatric medical education institutions in the country and the only accredited podiatry school in Ohio.
According to U.S. News and World Report, Public Health is a “Hot Major”. The College of Public Health is the first in Ohio and one of the largest in the nation offering a bachelor’s degree. Graduates promote healthy behaviors, prevent disease and injury, and protect vulnerable populations in your community and around the world.
Kent State, with its eight-campus system in Northeast Ohio, serves the state and nation with excellence through more than 110 master's degree programs and 50 doctorate programs.
Our Honors College is one of the oldest and most prestigious honors programs in the country.
Kent State University is a pioneer in online education, offering its first online programs more than 15 years ago. Kent State offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs online, unmatched by most peer universities.
University College helps students achieve academic success at Kent State University. It fosters student academic success by advising undecided students on degree and career planning; assessing the basic skills of all first-year students; providing tutoring services that promote student learning; and supporting low-income, first-generation and pre-college students.
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFROTC) - NonDegree
- Design Innovation
- Military Science/Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) - NonDegree
- Police Academy