I don’t want to return to the United States or my home country. Instead, I wish to stay in Florence or travel to another location in Italy or elsewhere. Is this okay? Do you have to book a return flight for me?
- All students will be booked on return flights as soon as possible. If students are independent travelers and do not complete the Florence Spring 2020 Return Flight Form, they will automatically be booked on a flight to Cleveland.
- Your health and safety are our foremost priority, and we believe these steps are necessary for your protection. Therefore, we are expecting you to depart on your scheduled departure date. Since the Florence program and its related activities will be suspended for the remainder of 2020 Spring Semester, your status as a Kent State student studying in the Florence program will be terminated upon your scheduled departure date. Please note the following:
- Your insurance with GeoBlue will be terminated on your scheduled departure date.
- You will be out of status with your Italian student visa since you will no longer be a student studying in Italy.
- You will no longer have access to Palazzo Vettori or the 24-hour emergency number.
- You will no longer have access to your student apartment.
- If you choose to still proceed with your plans to remain, please contact Amber Cruxton at EdAbroad@kent.edu.