MEDIA ADVISORY: Filmmaker Ken Burns Comes to Kent State for Presidential Speaker Series
Acclaimed filmmaker Ken Burns will speak at the fifth Kent State University Presidential Speaker Series on Tuesday, April 22, at 7:30 p.m. in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MAC Center).
The ticketed event is open to the public. Free general admission tickets will be available beginning Monday, March 3, at http://kentstate.universitytickets.com. A limited number of $15 chairback seats also are available. Burns’ appearance is sponsored by Kent State’s Office of the Provost, the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of the Arts and the College of Communication and Information.
Media are welcome to cover the following on April 22:
- Capture footage of Burns meeting with Kent State students from 2:15-3 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre at the Center for the Performing Arts, located at 1325 Theatre Drive on the Kent Campus.
- Media attending the student session are encouraged to arrive and check in no later than 2 p.m. at the Black Box Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts.
- Interview Burns from 3:15-3:45 p.m. in conference room D207 at the Center for the Performing Arts following his talk with students.
- Media attending the media interview session are encouraged to arrive and check in no later than 3 p.m. at Center for the Performing Arts.
- Cover the speech, which begins at 7:30 p.m., in the MAC Center.
- Media covering evening speech are encouraged to arrive and check in no later than 7:15 p.m. Media should enter the Lobby C entrance of the MAC Center and check in at the media table for credentials. From there, media will be escorted to designated areas for them to cover the event.
- MEDIA NOTE: Video and audio are limited to the first three minutes of Burns’ speech. There are no time limitations for still photographers covering the evening event.
For more information about Burns, visit www.kent.edu/news/announcements/success/presidential-speaker-series-film....
Media parking passes for the Kent Student Center visitor lot are available upon request.
University of Texas at Arlington
# # #