National Depression Screening Day Is Oct. 5
You are not alone. Depression and anxiety do not need to be masked.
The 23rd annual National Depression Screening Day at Kent State University will be held Thursday, Oct. 5, at several Kent State locations. Events are open to all students, faculty and staff, as well as the larger community.
- Kent Campus: Thursday, Oct. 5, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the second floor mezzanine of the Kent Student Center
- Kent State University at Stark: Thursday, Oct. 5, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Herbert W. Hoover Foundation Counseling Center, Lower Level, Campus Center
- Kent State University at Trumbull: Thursday, Oct. 5, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Student Services Building, lounge adjacent to 131B
- College of Podiatric Medicine: Monday, Oct. 9. For more information, visit www.kent.edu/cpm/CWS.
As part of the free, in-person screening, participants have the opportunity to complete a questionnaire, which screens for depression, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, and to speak with a clinician in the mental health field to review their results. If necessary, appropriate referrals can be made, and participants also may find information on depression and other mental health issues for themselves or for someone about whom they may be concerned.
For those unable to attend an in-person screening, a free, confidential online screening module also is available 24 hours a day throughout the year. The online screening provides individuals with feedback, referrals and resources upon completion.
National Depression Screening Day is coordinated by University Health Services’ Psychological Services and the Office of Health Promotion on the Kent Campus. National Depression Screening Day is co-sponsored by Counseling Services at Kent State Stark and Kent State Trumbull, and Counseling and Wellness Services at the College of Podiatric Medicine.
For more information, contact:
- Kent Campus: Psychological Services at 330-672-2487 or either one of the co-coordinators, John Schell, Ph.D., or Carrie Berta, Psy.D.
- Kent State Stark: Counseling Services at 330-244-5048 or coordinator Emily Ribnik
- Kent State Trumbull: Counseling Services at 330-675-7603 or coordinator Barbara Ozimek
- College of Podiatric Medicine: Counseling and Wellness Services at 216-916-7524 or coordinator Theresa Novak