Get Screened at National Depression Screening Day
Be Well: Body and Mind
The 21st annual National Depression Screening Day at Kent State University will be held on several Kent State campus locations in October, and is open to all faculty, staff and students, as well as the larger community.
Campus screening days and locations are listed below:
- Kent State University at Stark: Thursday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Herbert W. Hoover Foundation Counseling Center
- Kent State University at Trumbull: Thursday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Enrollment Management and Student Services, Room 131
- Kent Campus: Friday, Oct. 9, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the second floor mezzanine of the Kent Student Center
For those unable to attend an in-person screening, a free confidential online screening module also is available 24-hours per day throughout the year, and provides individuals with feedback, referrals and resources upon completion.
As part of the free in-person screening, participants have the opportunity to complete a questionnaire, which screens for depression, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, and to speak with a clinician in the mental health field to review their results. If necessary, appropriate referrals can be made, and participants may also find information on depression and other mental health issues for themselves or for someone about whom they may be concerned.
Kent State’s National Depression Screening Day is coordinated by several units in the Division of Student Affairs, including Psychological Services, University Health Services and the Office of Health Promotion on the Kent Campus. National Depression Screening Day also is co-sponsored by Counseling Services at Kent State Stark, Counseling and Wellness Services on the Columbiana County Campuses and Counseling Services at Kent State Trumbull.
For more information, please contact:
- Kent Campus: Psychological Services at 330-672-2487 or either one of the co-coordinators, John Schell, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carrie Berta, Psy.D., at email@example.com
- Kent State Stark: Counseling Services at 330-244-5048 or coordinator Emily Ribnik at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kent State Salem and Kent State East Liverpool: Counseling and Wellness Services at 330-337-4287 or coordinator Katherine Vance-Righetti at email@example.com
- Kent State Trumbull: Counseling Services at 330-675-7603 or coordinator Barbara Ozimek at firstname.lastname@example.org