On-Campus Housing

On-campus housing Kent State University requires that all students, enrolled for nine or more hours at the Kent Campus, reside in the university's residence halls and participate in the food plan. This requirement excludes summer sessions and is applicable until the attainment of junior academic standing (60 semester hours) or the receipt of an exemption from the Department of Residence Services. Exemptions to this requirement must be requested in writing and submitted to the Department of Residence Services. Exemptions may be granted to students who:

  • Live and travel to class from the principal residence of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), which is within a 50 mile driving distance from the Kent Campus
  • Are 21 years of age or older
  • Are married
  • Are single parents with primary child-rearing responsibilities
  • Are military personnel with one or more years of full-time active duty
  • Have complete two full-time academic years (excluding summers) of college enrollment
  • Can demonstrate other acceptable extenuating circumstances

To complete a housing application, or for more information visit the Resident Services Web site or call 330-672-7000 or 1-800-706-8941.

Off-campus housing For information on living off campus, contact Commuter & Off-Campus Student Organization at 330-672-3768.