Friday, March 13, 2020 4:46 PM
COVID-19 and KSU Updates
As of today around 2 p.m., we were informed by President Diacon that classes will be going remote for the remainder of the semester. He also asked all students to prepare to go home if they are able to. In order to relieve some of your concerns, the Office of Global Education would like to address some questions:
- All students on an F or J visa that are studying in the U.S. will remain in status. The remote class arrangement will not affect your immigration status for this semester -- even if you travel home.
- If you are living in the residence halls, Residence Services will be providing more information on Monday.
- If you return home, please notify ISSS through the Travel Plans Spring 2020 Form. Remember to request a travel signature if needed through the Travel Plans Spring 2020 Form. All travel signatures for F and J student visas are valid for one year. If you are currently on Optional Practical Training (OPT) it is valid for six months. We have provided mailing alternatives to collecting I-20s or DS-2019s with a travel signature via the form mentioned.
- Graduating Students
- If you plan to leave and do not plan to apply for OPT, you can contact the Registrar's Office to have your diploma mailed to you in your home country. Their website if you have questions is: www.kent.edu/registrar.
- Students that are graduating and applying for OPT, it is still not recommended to leave the U.S. as it could be a challenge to re-enter in case of a pending OPT application or if you are a May 2020 graduate intending to apply for OPT.
We understand you have many questions and we assure you that we will be here to answer them. Please see our Office and Advising Hours to find the best way to contact us.
International Student and Scholar Services