Student Media Wins Multiple Awards at National College Media Convention
It was a big week in the Big Easy for independent student media of Kent State University’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
The Associated College Press/College Media Association (ACP/CMA) National College Media Convention, that took place recently in New Orleans, resulted in several major awards.
- TV2 won 2013 TV Station of the Year for the second year in a row.
- The Agenda, TV2’s topical comedy-satire show won Best TV Entertainment Program.
- TV2 also was a finalist in four of five TV categories in the 2013 national competition, including Best Sportscast and Best Newscast.
Best of Show Awards:
- The Daily Kent Stater and The Burr both placed in the top 10 in Best of Show
- The Burr placed fourth overall in the feature magazine competition, and the Daily Kent Stater was ninth in the four-year daily broadsheet competition.
Best of College Design Awards:
- The Daily Kent Stater also won third place for Newspaper Editorials/Opinions in CMA’s Best of College Design competition for its post-presidential election opinion page.
The ACP/CMA national convention is the largest gathering of college journalists and advisors in the world.