A Homecoming Celebration
Kent State University celebrated Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 1, with classic traditions such as the Bowman Cup 5K Race, Kiss on the K, Homecoming Parade and football game. This year’s Homecoming featured Kent State alumnus Josh Cribbs, ’10, as the Parade Grand Marshal. Heroic efforts by Nick Holley and Justin Rankin were not quite enough to return the Wagon Wheel to Kent State as the Akron Zips leapfrogged the Golden Flashes in the closing seconds for a 31-27 win in Saturday's Homecoming Game at Dix Stadium.
Homecoming 2016 also included exciting changes and new events, including:
- New 10 a.m. parade time and watch location at the Rock along Main Street
- Welcome Home Party at 11 a.m. at the new Center for Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement located at 350 S. Lincoln St.
- Blue and Gold Line campus tours from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. with five stops around campus
- Alumni tailgate at Dix Stadium starting at 1:30 p.m. at the tent outside the west gate entrance of Dix Stadium
- A flyover of a Boeing 757 operated by FedEx occurred before and after the national anthem at Dix Stadium
- Page 1
- next ›