ADVISORY: Kent State University Board of Trustees Meeting, Sept. 16
The Kent State University Board of Trustees will hold its next regular business meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 1 p.m. to consider the recommendations of the standing committees, proposed personnel actions and new business. All actions of the Board will be taken at this business meeting.
Due to current public health restrictions at the Kent Campus limiting meetings to 10 or fewer participants, the Board of Trustees meetings will be held as follows. The meetings are being conducted in accordance with Amended Substitute House Bill 197.
On Sept. 16, meetings of the full Board of Trustees are accessible electronically to the university community and the public:
- Executive Session – Wednesday, Sept. 16, 8:15-10:15 a.m. Trustees will retire into executive session to consider specific topics as provided for under Ohio’s “Sunshine Law.”
https://boxcast.tv/view/kent-state-board-of-trustees-meeting-213107 to view the roll call vote
- Committee of the Whole Meeting on Reopening – Wednesday, Sept. 16, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Business Meeting – Wednesday, Sept. 16, 1-2:30 p.m.
Information regarding the meetings of the standing committees are posted on the Board of Trustees website: www.kent.edu/bot/meetings. The standing committees are recommending bodies to the full Board. No actions will be taken, and a quorum of the Board will not be present. Public access is available at the links below for upcoming committee meetings this week:
- Academic Excellence and Student Success Committee – Thursday, Sept. 10, 10-11 a.m. https://zoom.us/j/92025798177
- External Relations and Development Committee – Thursday, Sept. 10, 5-6 p.m. https://zoom.us/j/94102735145
- Finance and Administration Committee – Friday, Sept. 11, 12-1 p.m. https://zoom.us/j/92225157310
The Board’s Sept. 16 meeting agenda will be posted this Friday at www.kent.edu/bot/meetings.
# # #
Members of the media who plan to attend the committee of the whole and business meetings or the standing committee meetings virtually are asked to RSVP to the media contacts listed below.
Eric Mansfield, email@example.com, 330-672-2797
Emily Vincent, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-8595