Important Safety Message
Please be aware of the following news release issued by the Kent City Police Department:
KENT POLICE DEPARTMENT
Kent Police are investigating a reported sexual assault that is believed to have occurred at approximately 0800 hrs on 11-1-18. A female victim reported to police that she was walking along Holly Drive between Holly Park Apartments and Horning Road in Kent when she was confronted by an unknown male wearing a mask. The male sexually assaulted the woman before fleeing northbound when a vehicle approached nearby. Kent Police are asking everyone to be cautious and vigilant, and anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Kent Police Department at (330) 673-7732.
The safety of our community is our top priority. Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in campus safety are our best defenses against crime. We encourage all members of our campus community to take simple, common sense precautions as a way to assume responsibility for their own safety. Please consider these tips:
- Find safety in numbers, practice walking with a companion or in groups at night.
- Keep the doors of residences, offices and automobiles locked.
- Mark your valuables with a personal identification number in case of loss or theft.
- Have your keys ready when walking across parking lots and watch for any suspicious person or activities.
- Never leave your keys unattended in the car ignition.
- Lock all valuables such as mobile devices, laptops, cameras, book bags, briefcases and textbooks in the trunk.
Kent State Police patrol our campus 24 hours a day through vehicle, foot and bicycle patrol. There are more than 30 blue light phones stationed across campus in parking lots and along sidewalks that connect immediately with campus police. In addition, a safety escort service is available by calling 330-672-7004. For more information about campus and personal safety, visit www.kent.edu/campus-safety.
City of Kent and Kent State Police officers routinely work together and will collaborate as needed on this investigation.
We will update the community if additional information becomes available.