Kent State President Warren Launches Season of Philanthropy on Giving Tuesday
Kent State University President Beverly Warren has announced that she will personally match all gifts up to a total of $25,000 for donations made to Kent State on Dec. 1, which is Giving Tuesday. Giving Tuesday is a global day of philanthropy after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Kent State has participated in Giving Tuesday the last two years, but this year, donations will have more impact with Warren’s matching gift. Kent State alumni, friends, faculty and staff are encouraged to take a moment to “give thanks by giving back” and support a university program of their choosing. A matching gift will be made by the university president. Her donation will go to the Distinctive Kent State Fund. This fund will support the programs, people and opportunities that make the university unique. For example, it will support students through initiatives that encourage academic success and career exploration.
“I have witnessed an abundance of heartfelt generosity here at Kent State,” Warren said. “It’s in this spirit that I have chosen to make a personal pledge this holiday season. I hope to inspire a tradition of giving that will advance a distinctive Kent State for years to come.”
Donors may make gifts to Kent State by visiting www.kent.edu/givingtuesday, clicking the “GIVE” button and choosing a fund that matches their interests. To help spread the word about Kent State’s Giving Tuesday campaign, donors are also asked to use the hashtag #IGiveBevGives to share on social media why they chose to give and which area of Kent State they supported.
In addition to Warren’s matching gift, there are three special opportunities for supporters of:
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- An anonymous pledge of $20,000 has been made to double the impact of any donations to Intercollegiate Athletics on Giving Tuesday, with an extra $5,000 match by head men’s basketball coach Rob Senderoff for any men’s basketball gifts.
- College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- A total of $13,500 in matching gifts has been pledged by College of Architecture and Environmental Design faculty and staff to inspire alumni to give back.
- Porthouse Theatre
- Gifts to Kent State’s outdoor summer theatre will have double impact because of a gift from the Hackett Family Foundation.
For more information about Kent State’s Giving Tuesday, visit www.kent.edu/givingtuesday.
# # #