Six Kent State Educators Honored at 20th Annual Celebrating College Teaching Conference
Six Kent State University educators were honored for their achievements in the classroom at the 20th annual Celebrating College Teaching Conference on Oct. 24 and 25.
Three faculty members received the Kent State Alumni Association’s Distinguished Teaching Award (DTA) for demonstrating extraordinary teaching in the classroom and a commitment to impacting the lives of students.
Three faculty members also received the Outstanding Teaching Award (OTA), sponsored by the University Teaching Council, which honors full-time, nontenure-track and part-time faculty who consistently demonstrate extraordinary skill in classroom teaching.
Recipients of the Distinguished Teaching Award are:
- Ann Abraham, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Kent State University at Ashtabula
- Leslie Heaphy, Department of History, Kent State University at Stark
- Catherine Leslie, School of Fashion Design and Merchandising, Kent Campus
Recipients of the Outstanding Teaching Award are:
- Robin Joynes, Department of Psychology, Kent Campus
- Uma Krishnan, Department of English, Kent Campus
- Randy Ruchotzke, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Kent Campus
More information about each recipient will be featured in upcoming issues of e-Inside.