Kent State Interim Senior Vice President and Provost Melody Tankersley, Ph.D., and Vice President for Enrollment Management Mary Parker, Ed.D., recently shared updates about academics and enrollment, respectively, while engaging with the university community.
Destination Kent State Advising and Registration Program Returns
Destination Kent State has returned! The summer advising and registration program at Kent State University is a one-and-a-half-day experience that includes an overnight stay in a residence hall. Students are encouraged to invite family members and guests to participate in the program.
The students explore important topics, including the differences between high school and college, navigating the university and properly preparing to be a college student. Family members and guests learn about essential tools for a positive college experience, such as financial aid, academic success tips and support skills for being the parent/family member of a college student.
The program concludes on the second day when the students meet one-on-one with an academic advisor to create an academic plan.
This year, advising and registration sessions are being scheduled between June 6 and July 20 with a break the week of July 4.
About Our 2016 Flashguides
The advising and registration program helps students make the all-important first connection to the university. One way students make connections is through their relationship with an exceptional group of students called Flashguides. They are part mentor, part ally, part cheerleader and part program organizer. This year’s class of 24 Flashguides is a diverse, passionate and fun-loving group of students who participate in the program because they want to make a difference in the lives of new students.
- Sam Bobik, Sophomore (Exploratory)
- Erin Brown, Junior (Human Development and Family Studies)
- Franklin Chesney, Senior (Digital Science)
- Celeste Dawson, Sophomore (Exploratory)
- Kiana Duncan, Junior (Broadcast Journalism)
- Carly Evans, Junior (Public Relations)
- Emma Getz, Sophomore (Human Development and Family Studies)
- Ariana Godinez, Sophomore (Political Science)
- LaTasha Head, Senior (Communication Studies)
- Tanaye Jordan, Sophomore (Marketing)
- Julian Kozmon, Junior (Advertising)
- Lindsey Leddon, Senior (Molecular and Cellular Biology)
- Cassidy Lombardy, Sophomore (Entrepreneurship)
- Amir Mafi, Junior (Biology, Pre-Medicine)
- Matt McKinney, Junior (Integrated Social Studies)
- Mason McLeod, Sophomore (Psychology)
- Jullian Myers, Junior (Public Relations)
- Matt Mysliwiec, Senior (Nursing)
- Mariah Parker, Sophomore (Journalism)
- Rachel Parks, Sophomore (Global Communications)
- Daniel Passonno, Sophomore (Public Health)
- Kaylee Peterson, Junior (Public Relations)
- Lauren Raymond, Senior (Human Development and Family Studies-Family Life Education)
- Keondra Wright, Sophomore (Theatre Studies)