GoDaddy.com Bowl Send-Off Event Set for Dec. 19 in Downtown Kent
Kent State University fans are invited to come together in downtown Kent on Wednesday, Dec. 19, to celebrate the historic football season and send off the team to Mobile, Ala., for the GoDaddy.com Bowl. Fans can pick up a free commemorative postseason poster and collect autographs from Kent State head football coach Darrell Hazell and members of the team.
Kent State Athletics will host an autograph session from 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. at Laziza Restaurant, located in Acorn Alley II in downtown Kent. Following the autograph session, fans will be directed to the corner of Erie and Water streets for a flag-changing ceremony to take place at AMETEK. AMETEK, the presenting sponsor of Kent State’s postseason run, will change out the international flags atop its building and fly Kent State flags for the bowl game. Immediately following the flag ceremony, fans are invited to Water Street Tavern for the “Portage Community Bank – Bowl Preview Show.” From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Ty Linder, Rob Polinsky and David Carducci will break down the season, preview the bowl game and entertain guests, including Hazell, members of the athletic department and Kent business community.
Bowl Send-Off Event – Downtown Kent – Wednesday, Dec. 19
5 p.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Autograph session at Laziza Restaurant (195 E. Erie St., Kent)
- Coach Darrell Hazell and a select group of players will sign autographs for fans
- Free commemorative posters will be distributed
- Flag-changing ceremony and photo opportunity at AMETEK (corner of Erie and Water streets)
- AMETEK will change its international flags to Kent State flags
- “Portage Community Bank – Bowl Preview Show” at Water Street Tavern (132 S. Water St., Kent)
- Hosted by Ty Linder, Rob Polinsky and David Carducci with special guests, including coach Hazell, members of the athletic department and Kent business community.