It’s That Time Again! Destination Kent State Advising and Registration is Here!
Destination Kent State is back! The June and July advising and registration program is a one-and-a-half-day experience that includes an overnight stay in a residence hall. New, first-year students are encouraged to invite family members to participate in the program.
During Destination Kent State, students explore important topics, including the differences between high school and college, navigating the university and properly preparing to be a college student. Family members learn about essential tools for a positive college experience, such as financial aid, academic success tips and support skills for being the parent/family member of a college student.
The program concludes on the second day when the students meet one-on-one with an academic advisor to create an academic plan.
This year, advising and registration sessions are being held between June 1 and July 15 with a break the week of July 4.
About Our 2015 Flashguides
The advising and registration program helps students make the all-important first connection to the university. One way students make connections is through their relationship with an exceptional group of students called Flashguides. They are part mentor, part ally, part cheerleader and part program organizer. This year’s class of 24 Flashguides is a diverse, passionate and fun-loving group of students who participate in the program because they want to make a difference in the lives of new students.
Join Kent State’s Office of Student Success Programs in welcoming the 2015 Flashguides to their positions. The entire Kent State community has a stake in their success.
- Amanda Bevington (Senior, Interpersonal Communication)
- Erin Brown (Sophomore, Exploratory)
- Katie Donahue (Junior, Fashion Merchandising)
- Carly Evans (Sophomore, Exploratory)
- Chloe Ewing (Junior, Applied Communication Studies)
- Meghan Fitzgerald (Senior, Speech Pathology)
- Brandon Gonos (Junior, Computer Information Systems and Management)
- Julia Kelley (Junior, Public Relations)
- Jordyn Lally (Junior, Psychology)
- Sydney Lange (Junior, Public Health)
- Matthew Mysliwiec (Junior, Nursing)
- Molly Phelps (Senior, Managerial Marketing)
- Laura Roch (Senior, Human Development and Family Studies)
- Ben Siglow (Senior, Psychology/Pre-Medicine)
- Marisa Stephens (Sophomore, Managerial Marketing)
- Brandon Stephens (Senior, Political Science and Justice Studies)
- Maegan Terry (Junior, Business Management)
- Leanna Thomas (Sophomore, Exploratory)
- Jackie Torto (Sophomore, Psychology/Pre-Medicine)
- Jason Watkins (Senior, Athletic Training)
- Jordan Williams (Sophomore, Sport Administration)
- Shawn Wilson (Senior, Broadcast Journalism)
- Courtney Yoder (Junior, Human Development and Family Studies)
- Michael Zamora (Junior, Psychology)