Our mission this year is to collect donation items in collaboration with Valor Home– a transitional housing facility that provides support to Summit County homeless veterans in their effort to achieve greater self-sufficiency and permanent housing.
What is Valor Home?
Valor Home is one of six transitional housing facilities managed by the Family and Community Services Inc. It offers 36 rooms for homeless veterans living in Summit County. Their mission is to help these individuals find & retain permanent housing during their stay. Valor Home strives to provide case management, access to community services, and Job Training/Outpatient Programs.
Valor Home is located in Akron/Summit Count and is the sister organization to Freedom House
How Can We Help?
SPIRIT POINT OPPORTUNITY
Valor Home is asking for the following support:
- Coffee, sugar, and shelf-safe creamer (2 POINTS)
- Hand soap (2 POINTS)
- Stamps (2 POINTS)
- Twin XL sheets (5 POINTS)
- Towels (5 POINTS)
- Words of encouragement for homeless vets
- Organizing donation items
- Assemble first-aid kits for the Valor Home. The kits will include simple first-aid supplies provided by us:
- Latex-free bandages
- Sterile gauze pads
- Paper tape
- Antiseptic wipes
- Antibiotic ointment